close
subdirectory_arrow_left subdirectory_arrow_left Recording & Mixing
Gear Recording & Mixing Find a manufacturerkeyboard_arrow_down
  • settings_backup_restore

Comments about the feature article: How to Tweak Layered Vocals - forum Recording & Mixing

How to Tweak Layered Vocals
Layering vocals is a common technique to thicken a vocal part, whether applied to a solo voice or to a massed group of backing vocals. However, there are certain considerations with layered vocals that don’t apply to single vocals, as layered vocals need to have a coherent, solid vibe.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
nice
Nice beginning primer. Were there another installment, I imagine these would be covered:

Stereo spread ~ I like to have a fairly wide stereo spread going to the bus; you can always tighten up the bus panning.

Tuning - Depending on the style of the tune, if you're tuning the backing vocals, you'll probably want a 5-10 cent spread on the tuning so they don't sound phasey. You can go 7 or 8 cents below pitch usually, but not quite that far above the pitch with your spread. Typical for me would be tuning one part up 3 cent and the corresponding part down 4-5 cents.
1/1

Latest questions in « Recording & Mixing »