Gibson Frank Zappa Roxy SG

SG-Shaped Guitar from Gibson belonging to the SG series

Public price: $3,749 incl. VAT

Thread Comments about the news item: Gibson "Roxy" Frank Zappa SG guitar

• 2 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Comments about the news item: Gibson "Roxy" Frank Zappa SG guitar
Gibson USA recreated the SG Special "Roxy" used by Frank Zappa during shows at the Roxy Theatre in Hollywood in December 1973.

Read the news item

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of a news item for this product. Feel free to post your comments here!

Glad to own one. Plays great, each and every note responds perfectly. The inverse polarity sounds are unique and useful over the entire fretboard due to the sophisticated neck pickup positioning. However, the Maestro vibrato allows for slightly shimmering effects only, or severe detuning will be caused. In this respect I am rather spoiled by my Floyd Rose system equipped guitars... Wanted to buy it as an investment, but it clearly is too fine to just leave it on the shelf, and so I will play it like all my other guitars, too.

[ Post last edited on 06/10/2013 at 13:33:19 ]

Thanks for the feedback capmaster, we invite you to post your full opinion about this guitar so all the community can see it. Here's the link :
https://en.audiofanzine.com/sg-shaped-guitar/gibson/frank-zappa-roxy-sg-heritage-cherry/user_reviews/
Cheers!