close
subdirectory_arrow_left subdirectory_arrow_left Small diaphragm condenser microphones
Gear Small diaphragm condenser microphones {{currentManName}}swap_horiz Blue Microphonesswap_horiz Find a manufacturerkeyboard_arrow_down

Comments about the review: A Bird in the Stand - forum Blue Microphones Hummingbird

A Bird in the Stand
A mic with a swiveling capsule is not a new concept, but it isn’t something you typically find in a mic as affordable as the Blue Hummingbird. The swiveling feature is no gimmick — it makes a big difference in mic positioning, both in terms of physically being able to place the mic where you want it, and in the ability to find the best placement for a given source.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
Come on now, there has to be SOME sort of con if it's only 4 stars :mdr:
Well, it depends on how you define a con. As I said the tone seemed to me to be commensurate for a mic in its price range, but not better than that. Is "not amazing" a con? I don't think you can call it that. Believe me, I was trying to think of cons (I have no hesitation to call out something when I find it), but couldn't come up with anything that fit the bill. It's a good-but-not-great-sounding mic with an above average design (the swiveling head). What's more, we don't give out 5-star ratings almost ever, unless a product is groundbreaking or an unbelievable value — so a 4 rating means the product is quite good. I hope that makes sense to you, and thanks for your comment.
Great review. Thanks for the diverse examples. Is a solo home studio enthusiast/musician, this mic could help me tremendously. Hopefully that price'll come down to 200 or less come thanksgiving or xmas :)
Hi jam3s--glad you liked the review. I hope you're right about the price dropping. It's a good value at it's current price, but if it dropped down to $200 it would be a steal.
1/1