Charvel has introduced the new, 2016 version of their Pro Mod So-Cal Style 1 HH FR model, with new pickups and rather original colors.
Charvel's new 2016 version of the Pro Mod So-Cal Style 1 HH FR mostly differs from its predecessors with the inclusion of Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion (bridge) and Seymour Duncan SH-6N Distortion (neck) pickups, instead of the previous, more classical JB-'59 association.
Spec list includes:
- Alder body with gloss polyurethane finish
- 2-Piece Maple neck with graphite reinforcement and hand-rubbed urethane finish
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Maple fingerboard with black dot inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" to 16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- 22 Jumbo frets
- Floyd Rose FRT 02000 locking string nut (nut Width: 1.6875"/43 mm)
- Truss Rod Nut: Heel-Mounted Spoke Wheel Adjustment
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Charvel
- Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion bridge pickup
- Seymour Duncan SH-6N Distortion neck pickup
- Volume (push/pull coil split) & Tone controls with Knurled Flat-Top control knobs
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade (splittable)
- Floyd Rose FRT-O2000 Double-Locking Tremolo (recessed) bridge
- Charvel Branded Die-Cast tuners
- 1-Ply Black pickguard
- Factory-equipped with NPS strings (.009-.042 Gauges)
This model is available in 7 different finishes, ranging from the most 80s-reminding colors (Neon Pink, Neon Yellow, Rocket Red, Slime Green) to the more classic and discreet Metallic Black, Snow White or Specific Ocean. MSRP is $1249.99.