Ibanez introduces the PWM100, the signature guitar model of Paul Waggoner from the band Between The Buried And Me.
Designed (according to Ibanez) so as to "do full justice to Waggoner's wide scope of musical ideas", this signature model was built around a beefed-up S Series body style that Waggoner chose to combine a super lightweight Swamp Ash body and a 5-piece Wizard High Performance neck. Regarding electronics, Waggoner turned to Mojotone to create new signature pickups for him, adequately dubbed "PW Hornets" which according to the artist "highlight the brightness of the guitar without overdoing it". In the end, Waggoner describes the guitar's tone as "strong and dominant, without being too abrasive".
- PWM 5pc Maple/Bubinga neck
- Ash body (44mm Body Thickness)
- Rosewood fretboard w/Off-set White dot inlay
- Jumbo frets w/Prestige fret edge treatment
- Lo-pro Edge tremolo bridge
- Mojotone PW Hornet (H) neck pickup (Passive/Alnico)
- Mojotone PW Hornet (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- Factory tuning: 1C#, 2G#, 3E, 4B, 5F#, 6C# (string gauge: .012/.016/.024w/.034/.046/.059)
- Cosmo black hardware
- Scale: 648mm/25.5"
- Radius: 430mm
- Width at Nut: 43mm/Width at last fret: 58mm
- Neck thickness: 18mm at 1st fret/20mm at 12th fret
More details at Ibanez's website.