As expected, the Roland Aira series takes a semi-modular turn with a new System-1m core and four effect modules.
The new semi-modular Aira series comprises a System-1m synth without keyboard, that can be installed in a Eurorack, 19” rack or on a desktop. Note that the MIDI in and out connections are located under the device.
The System-1m can be used as a standalone synthesizer and is compatible with the Plug-Out system. Its CV/Gate connections also allows for inserting into a modular system.
- 19 CV/Gate and audio connections with LED color code
- Oscillators with 6 waveforms, cross-modulation, ring modulation, sync and Color control
- Knobs and sliders for parameter control with LED indicators
- Input for external signal processing via the filter, amp and effect sections
- 12 and 24 dB filters with independent high-pass
- Tone, Crusher, Reverb and Delay effects
- Tempo synced LFO and delay
- 24-bit / 96 kHz audio and MIDI interface
- Aira Link to connect the System-1 to the MX-1 mixer
- 85 HP Eurorack, 19” rack or tabletop format
- Ships with rackmount accessories and patching cables
You can then control the system with four 21HP effect modules, all featuring CV/Gate inputs, and high resolution controls (more than 16 million steps) that can be reprogrammed from a Mac or PC computer, iOS and Android smartphone or tablet. All the modules include 5 patchable sub-modules with expansion via free updates, 2 audio inputs and outputs configurable in dual mono or stereo, one Aira Link, a 24-bit / 96 kHz audio interface and they ship with patching cables.
- Bitrazer combines bit and sample crusher effects. The CV/Gate control include sample rate, bit depth and filter.
- Demora is a delay with adjustable time between 20 microseconds and 10 seconds, CV/Gate controls include delay time, feedback and depth.
- Torcido reproduces the classic Roland distortion with CV/Gate controls for distortion amount, tone and “tube warmth”.
- Scooper combines a single-pass loop recorder to a scatter effect, and you can adjust depth/scatter type, pitch and filter via CV/Gate.
The new Aira semi-modular units are manufactured in Japan.