Write a user review or Ask for a user review

Thread Focusrite Clarett 8prex win10 performance

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Focusrite Clarett 8prex win10 performance
Focusrite Clarett 8 prex

Hello,

Currently I'm buying new recording gear - interfaces and computer and have some questions.
Firstly, I'm not an Apple fan so I decided to go with a PC. Also I took my time in comparing some interfaces and have chosen focusrite's clarett 8 prex which is a thunderbolt interface. (I know there is also USB type, but the specs don't suit my needs).

I've heard that there are quite a few problems with interfaces regarding PC and thunderbolt interfaces such as 8prex, so my first question is: does anyone have any experiences with 8prex on a PC with following specs (or at all):

- Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS ULTRA GAMING 2.0
- Processor: Intel 8700 K
- Windows 10

(Laptops and similar type computers doesn't come into consideration).

My second question: If I'm right, I understand that 8prex is a thunderbolt 2 interface, so if you have a PCIe thunderbolt 3 card you need an adapter from thunderbolt 3 to 2 for system to work properly.. So is it okay instead of buying thunderbolt 3 card to buy thunderbolt 2?

would using a thunder bolt 3 to 2 adapter be a wise choice to do and will it be stable?

...or can you tell me which motherboard and thunderbolt card to buy to have the most stable and best experience/perfotmance..?

Thank you very much for all your answers ! :)
Yes, for the first time, we have suffered some problem regarding audio interfaces, but later on, it's all will be cover up. Both motherboard and thunderbolt are ok.