3rd Power has unveiled the Citizen Gain, their latest all-tube guitar amp head to date.
Operating on a pair of EL34 power tubes, the Citizen Gain is defined as a "higher-gain" (note the extra "r") tube amplifier, reportedly "capable of sounding and feeling like a 100W high-gain beast but at volume levels associated with 1 watt and up to 40 watts" (according to 3rd Power) thanks to the manufacturer's own HybridMASTER volume management circuitry.
- Handwired, point to point turret board construction
- Patented HybridMASTER volume management
- 9 selectable EQ and Preamp response modes
- All custom Mercury Magnetics transformers
- Internal operating voltages up to 500V DC for lightning-quick pick response
- All tube pedal optimized FX loop
- Accutronics studio-quality dual mode spring reverb (SR Model only)
- Dual JJ E34L output tubes, 5 or 6 12AX7 preamp tubes (depending on model)
- Custom tolex options available through our custom shop
The Citizen Gain is available in the following configurations:
- Citizen Gain: Compact head (no reverb, 18" x 10" x 9.33", weighs 24.5 lbs).
- Citizen Gain SR: Standard head (dual mode reverb, 24” wide, weighs 31.5 lbs).
- 112 combo version with reverb (25” wide, weighs approx. 55 lbs).
No MSRP available. More details at 3rd Power's website.