• My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Alesis iO|2
Images
1/129
Alesis iO|2

USB audio interface from Alesis belonging to the iO series

Thread ALESIS IO/2 AUDIO DEVICE PROBLEMS!!!

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 ALESIS IO/2 AUDIO DEVICE PROBLEMS!!!
Hi all!!
I'm new on here and am desperately after some much needed help!!!

I've recently purchased an external audio card- an Alesis io/2. In general everything is set up ok and running fine.
Cubase SX3 runs fine, and so does Reason.

BUT, when i re-wire the two together, the program which i load up 2nd, which ever that may be, (i've tried both ways) hangs up or refuses to load. (I am aware Cubase is to be started 1st.) I tried either way in a trial and error type thing.
I've checked the audio settings etc and everything else that should deem them compatible, (ie; both 44100 or 48000 etc...) yet i still have this frustrating problem!!
I've looked through the manuals etc, but have finally, after hours of banging my head against the wall have given up.

Hope how i've described this makes sense??
If i'm doing something obviously wrong or anyone can help, any advive would be much appreciated. (ideally an idiots guide!)
Thanks,
Dave
sounds like a weak pc...

write more details on your computer

%1$s a écrit sounds like a weak pc...

write more details on your computer

Hi,
I don't think thats the problem.
I'm not sure what you'd class as a weak PC but i'm running with an AMD 3.7 64 Bit Processor and 1 gig of ram. (I think it's decent enough???)
I think i may have now stumbled across the problem;-
In the Cubase device setup within the "VST Audiobay" i tried disabling the "release ASIO driver in background" option. This now seems to have done the trick.
Reason now seems to run ok alongside Cubase.
Thanks for the rapid response to my problem.

I'll certainly visit here more often!!!

Dave:D
yes decent enough :)

glad you found your solution!
Hi

I also bought the sound card and for the life of me can't get the latency below 13ms without major distortion and sound disruptions happening. Now the whole reason why I bought the sound interface is because they claim near 0 latency, so I'm not very happy. I'm using Nuendo 3.02. Do you by any chance have input and output buffer etc settings for me to try out? I'm on a 3GHz 1G Ram PC.

Thanx
D