1/128
Alesis iO|2

USB audio interface from Alesis belonging to the iO series

Thread Error / No output Alesis IO2

• 5 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Error / No output Alesis IO2
It is funny I try to connect my new ALESIS IO2 with my stereo through the MAIN output. But there is no sound which is very confusing. I have double checked everything cables etc. I now connect my Stereo through the ALESIS ear phone output. Everything else works excellent.

Anyone also had this problems and solved it?

My physic health is going down drain with this knob turning stuff....arghhh
I don't know too much about macs, but just make sure the IO/2 is the designated playback device... otherwise it will play through the laptop sound card.
I figured my problem out, I was using Windows Media Centre Edition and that's got different drivers. Working perfectly now with normal XP.
Hi

Make sure the Direct/USB knob is turned all the way to USB (if you're not using other inputs) and that the master volume is high enough. What software are you using? How is your latency when using VST's?

Regards
D
Tanks for the reply.

Hmm I tried the Direct/USB thing already. The funny part is that if I connect MAIN out to my dj-mixer and turn up the volume to the loudest I can hear something, turning the knobs(Direct/USB, volume etc.) doesn't do anything though. It is like there's a signal coming(leaking) through but the soundcard doesn't acknowledge it.

I also tried updating drivers, different players and other stuff that usually come up. I am going to try it on another computer as well and maybe a mac too. And then I am going to get medieval on its ass...
I'm taking my IO2 back to the audio shop today. I just couldn't get it to work properly and midi drops out as well, which means I don't have a reliable connection from my keyboard to the midi in on the unit even though my cables are new. I really think it's a USB problem. Anyway, I'm going to try and find an alternative internal soundcard that will fullfil my needs. It's a shame though because this is really what I need, if the drivers were just more reliable... I have intermittant loud static and crackles at any given buffer setting, it's just become too much for me now. My damn onboard even performed better than this!!