1/131
Edirol UA-25

USB audio interface from Edirol belonging to the UA series

Thread Edirol UA-25 ... problems.

• 5 replies
  • 6 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Edirol UA-25 ... problems.
Okay, so I got this new external USB audio card (Edirol UA-25), my plans being to record over the Christmas period when I have a free house. That's clearly not going to happen now.

I install the driver from CD (although it's not quite how it says it should be in the manual, as some files don't appear to even be on the CD, but I get around this problem, assuming it's a manual error) and connect the audio card to my laptop. Everything should work fine right away, right? Yeah, it's a shame real life isn't like that.

Problem #1: interference. Quite massive interference, actually. Whenever I connect a lead from either of the output jacks to the mic input on the laptop there's a buzzing. The only way I can get rid of this buzzing is when I plug in a condenser mic into input jack 1 (and turn phantom power on) and a dynamic mic into input jack 2; this stops the buzzing, but I get a crackling instead. Is this just an issue of balanced/unbalanced leads? It may be that I need balanced leads for the output (from audio card to computer), but I've tried with the headphones output too and the same thing happens.

Problem #2: Windows Media Player doesn't make sound any more. Everything else does, but when I try to play something on WMP there's just nothing.

Problem #3: Cubase does not recognise the sound being input. I've been talking into a mic, hearing myself through the speakers, but Cubase does not recognise this sound in playback or in recording. (And it's not just an issue of volume control settings.)

Problem #4: When just using headphones straight from the audio card, I can hear both mics, one on the left, one on the right, as I should. When I plug into the laptop and try to hear through speakers, I only hear the left mic; unless I turn on "MONO" on the audio card, in which case I hear both, but it's in mono. I can't hear the two mics together in stereo, but I think this may be a crappy lead problem.

That's about it. The interference is my main concern. Any help anyone could give me would be much appreciated. Thanks.

%1$s a écrit Problem #1: interference. Quite massive interference, actually. Whenever I connect a lead from either of the output jacks to the mic input on the laptop there's a buzzing. The only way I can get rid of this buzzing is when I plug in a condenser mic into input jack 1 (and turn phantom power on) and a dynamic mic into input jack 2; this stops the buzzing, but I get a crackling instead. Is this just an issue of balanced/unbalanced leads? It may be that I need balanced leads for the output (from audio card to computer), but I've tried with the headphones output too and the same thing happens.

the first mistake i made was setting the sample rate in software at 22Khz while the ua-25 was sampling at 44.1khz, you get a hissing sound.

however, i've never been able to solve the buzzing problem with it connected to a mixer.
tried different cables, updated drivers (actually got BSOD with version 2.0) nothing worked.
thought it was my mixer, but i tried a different audio interface and had no problems.

i'm actually trying to sell my UA-25 and get some money back for what i paid..i would NOT recommend this audio interface to anyone even for half the price...it looks nice, features sound good, but just doesn't work the way it should.

Quote: Problem #2: Windows Media Player doesn't make sound any more. Everything else does, but when I try to play something on WMP there's just nothing.

check your sounds and audio device settings in control panel.make sure your output is the correct one.
also, if you have onboard audio, maybe disabling this in BIOS would help.

Quote: Problem #3: Cubase does not recognise the sound being input. I've been talking into a mic, hearing myself through the speakers, but Cubase does not recognise this sound in playback or in recording. (And it's not just an issue of volume control settings.)

again, check your device settings this time in cubase, not sure this is the problem, but possibly it is.
when you add an audio track in cubase, do you configure the input source properly?

i would just re-iterate that this device, for the money shouldn't be creating so much interference.
it is main reason i am not happy with it at all.

i noticed a problem with windows, it will use its own usb audio driver rather than edirol asio driver, perhaps this is causing the problems..but really don't know.
alrite I am having the exact same problems and I am vexed. I had connected the UA-25 to my computer and ran a pair of fostex pm0.4 speakers... had some success with it for a while and then one day it all stopped. the speakers work but when i use my capacitator mic to try and record, it says a bunch of messages about the sample type and it can't be played back, resulting in my computer freezing. So i switched computers.... now I can't hear sound through my speakers at all ... someone please help I have many songs that I need to record..
im having the exact problem #3 could anyone give us a hand?
Howdie Doodie!
I just joined so I am very new to all this however I did buy and Edirol USB UA-!ex and have had huge problems with it - no compatible software as I have found that it is not 24 bit or something or rather so Vegas Sound forge and Kristal don't cope with it at all. But it tends to go to sleep on me even while I am playing a song with itunes. it also goes to sleep when using skype. Sound drivers for the sound card are turned off and everything is set for the edirol drivers. Any ideas? this is just about useless for the money I paid. I like it when it works because when using skype its faster than the sound card and clearer.
looking back through the posts I wonder if even though you are using a different piece of hardware whether or not similar problems are occuring. Do I need to go to the Edirol site?
Cheers
Rovi
Hi there,

Unluckly i m reading this forum after buy of my U25, Does anybody know how does it work with Ableton 7.0,
Dont have a problems with output at all, but input doesn t work. I already setup things in control panel ...sound devices, same in preferences in ableton, I tried ASIO 2.0 same MME, but input doesn t take any signal from my guitrar...