Focusrite is pleased to announce the Scarlett 18i20, the latest in its popular series of USB 2.0 interfaces with 18 ins and 20 outs.
With 18 inputs and 20 outputs in total, Scarlett 18i20 gives you eight Focusrite microphone preamps with switchable phantom power and 24-bit/96kHz A-D/D-A converters. The analogue mic/line inputs are fitted with combination XLR/jack input sockets, and connections for channels 1+2 are on the front panel and offer additional hi-Z instrument modes and a switchable 10dB pad.
An additional eight channels of digital I/O (four channels at 88.2/96kHz) are provided via ADAT lightpipe, with S/PDIF providing an additional stereo digital input and output. Two independent headphone outputs let you set up separate mixes for the engineer and the artist, while a dedicated monitor section, with dim and mute buttons, provides control over your studio speakers.
Scarlett 18i20 ships with a feature-packed software suite, which includes the Ableton Live Lite music production software, the Focusrite Scarlett plug-in bundle with compressor, reverb, gate and EQ processors, Novation's Bass Station soft synth plus over 1GB of royalty-free Loopmasters samples.
- Eight mic preamps with front-panel meters, switchable phantom power, up to 60dB of gain, plus pad and instrument switches on channels 1+2.
- 24-bit/96kHz A-D/D-A Converters
- Compatible with Mac, PC and iPad via USB 2.0 and even iPad (requires the Apple Camera Connection Kit)
- 18 inputs, 20 outputs
- Two headphone outputs and monitor control Send separate cue mixes to artist and producer with Scarlett Mix Control, and control the level of your studio monitors from the Scarlett 18i20 front panel.
- Complete software bundle Including Ableton Live Lite music software, the Focusrite Scarlett plug-in suite, Novation's Bass Station soft synth and 1GB of Loopmasters samples.
Worldwide availability in March 2013 at $499.99. More on global.focusrite.com.