The Focusrite Scarlett 18i6 is an 18-input, 6-output USB 2.0 audio interface.
Two Focusrite preamps and six line inputs allow you to connect and record keyboards and guitars, while the ADAT optical input lets you plug-in a further eight inputs from an outboard mic pre such as the Focusrite OctoPre MkII.
Included with the Scarlett 18i6 is Scarlett MixControl, an 18 x 6 DSP mixer. It enables you to create six separate mixes, then route a combination of input signals and sequencer outputs to any of the Scarlett 18i6 outputs, and recall configurations.
- Two Focusrite Preamps
- Preamps each supply up to 60dB of gain.
- 24-bit/96kHz USB Interface With 110dB A/D Dynamic Range, sample rates up to 96kHz. A/D dynamic range of 110dB (A-weighted).
- 18-input, 6-output Audio Interface with ADAT Optical, S/PDIF & MIDI. Inputs: 2x Mic/Line/Instrument; 6x Balanced Line; ADAT Optical (TOSLINK); Stereo S/PDIF; MIDI. Outputs: 2x Balanced Line; Stereo Headphones (independent of line outputs); Stereo S/PDIF; MIDI
- Two Hi-Z Instrument Inputs. No need for a separate DI. Inputs 1+2 feature instrument inputs.
- Scarlett MixControl DSP Mixer/Router. Provides an 18 x 6 DSP mixer and lower than 1.4ms latency.
- Dedicated Headphone Bus With Front-panel Level Control.
- LED Analogue Input Metering.
Bundled Software: Scarlett Plug-ins & Xcite+
The 18i6 comes with Focusrite's Scarlett suite of EQ, compression, reverb and gating plug-ins. Also included are royalty-free loops and samples, a soft-synth and Ableton Live Lite 8, providing an upgrade path to Ableton Live.
Pricing & Availability
The new Scarlett interfaces will be available in May 2011.
UK: £249.99 inc. VAT typical street price
DE: €339.00 inc. Tax UVP (MSRP)