1/265
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8

Thread Route 5 Outputs on my Scarlett 18i8

• 3 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Route 5 Outputs on my Scarlett 18i8
Hi !

I have a simple question, might be dumb but i've searched around without figuring out how it works.

I want to use my Scarlett 18i8 on stage with Ableton on my laptop, and i want to split my tracks into 5 outputs via the scarlett. I managed to use 4 (2 with the jack outputs at the back and 2 with the headphones jacks) but i'm sure there's a better way do to it. Can't i use the jack inputs at the back as outputs, for example ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Hey

Well I'm sorry....
You can't. An input accepts a signal and an output gives a signal... You can't change that.

You have one set of outputs (jack) and 2 headphones outputs...
I don't know if you can route them different signals but....
You have an other on spdif and probably this can be used as output but you need a conversion device for it to make it analog....

I guess their is no other way to create more analog outputs

Sorry..

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...

Your 18i8 has 6 analog outputs on it. So, yes, you can route 5 outputs from it.

1 & 2 are on the back
3 & 4 are where headphone output 1 is
5 & 6 are where headphone output 2 is.

The downside is you might need to buy 2 stereo splitter adaptors (1/4” TRS to two 1/2” TS) to breakout the 3 & 4, and 5 & 6 pairs into two separate cables.

Link to adaptor cable
Hosa STP-201 1/4" TRS to Dual 1/4" TS Insert Cable, 1 Meter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000068O1N/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Rxq0CbG9R9VB0
Why on earth would you like to use the amplified headphones outputs as line outputs any way?

They are called headphone outputs for a reason

-Angelie

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...