Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Focusrite Scarlett2 18i20
Images
1/440
Focusrite Scarlett2 18i20

USB audio interface from Focusrite belonging to the Scarlett 2nd Generation series

Write a user review or Ask for a user review
Reviews
Price engine
Classified Ads

Thread Audio freezing for less than half a second (Scarlett 18i20)

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Audio freezing for less than half a second (Scarlett 18i20)
**This is my first post, so please tell me if I did something wrong or need to provide more information in my post**

I'm experiencing a playback/recording issue with my Scarlett 18i20.

When audio is going in or out of my 18i20, every so often (I don't know the exact time, but it's very regular and consistent), the playback or recording will pause for less than half a second, then keep going right where it left off. To be clear, I'm not saying that there's latency between when I play something and when it gets recorded; I'm saying that it sounds like the unit freezes for a fraction of a second every so often before continuing.

I'm 95% certain it's something to do with the unit itself and not the computer. When I plug my headphones directly into the computer, I don't experience any issues with the playback. I only experience this when listening through the 18i20. I've tried listening to audio from different sources (Spotify, MP3 files, YouTube, etc.) and no matter what the source is, the issue persists. I've even tried plugging the unit into a different computer and the issue continues. Also, I wasn't (and don't) experience this issue when recording/listening to audio through my old Behringer Xenyx board that I replaced with the 18i20.

My setup is:

CAD drum mic set + 2 AKG P170 + 1 SM57 (total of 8 mics) running directly into the Scarlett 18i20.
Scarlett 18i20 is connected to my PC via USB.
PC specs:
CPU: Intel i5-3570 @ 3.4 Ghz
RAM: 8 gigs

I've talked with several producer friends and none of them have experienced this issue and I can't find anyone online who's run into this before. Does anyone here know what I'm up against here or know some different troubleshooting steps I could try?

Let me know if you need more information or if I missed something/messed something up in my post. Thank you in advance!
Hi,

I don't have this problem either but I like to help you.

Did you have tried older drivers?
I think it isa driver issue... The drive not linking to the os correctly.

You mentioned the behringer does not have this problem. Is their a possibility that the 2 drivers have a conflict?

Are their multiple usb devices on your Machine?
Power failure on the USB port?

You may also Contact focusrite help center. Their are some very cleaver people who can help you:8)

It's not about what you got to use ....    but how you use what you got...