Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Focusrite Scarlett2 18i8
Images
1/223
Focusrite Scarlett2 18i8

USB audio interface from Focusrite belonging to the Scarlett 2nd Generation series

Write a user review or Ask for a user review
Reviews
Price engine
Classified Ads

Thread No playback in either headphone outputs

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 No playback in either headphone outputs
Hi all,

I've had a great experience with my 18i8 2nd gen for the last 2 years but both of my headphone outputs randomly decided to stop working during one of my sessions last night. I've tried everything I can think of- I've reinstalled all the drivers for it, reset the device (turn off and on), played with various setting in Focusrite Control, using several different working headphones. Despite all of my effort I just cant seem to figure out what is wrong.

To clarify, I AM receiving playback through my monitors and when I open up Focusrite Control I can see signal being sent to the headphone outputs but I just cant hear them in the actual headphones. I've even checked to see if audio playback would work from the PC and through direct monitoring and I still can't hear signal in the headphones.

Further info:
- Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Generation
- Running on Windows 10
- Running an additional signal into interface through S/PDIF

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

I was gonna suggest for you to check the software control (if it has any) and see if you've muted them accidentally, but apparently you've already looked into it. To me it doesn't sound like a broken headphone output on the interface. It would if it happened only to one.