M-Audio Fast Track Pro

USB audio interface from M-Audio belonging to the Fast Track series

Thread M-audio phantom power problem - real help needed

• 0 comment
  • 1 participant
  • 0 follower
1 M-audio phantom power problem - real help needed
Dear Members,

I have the fast track pro m-audio and it was running very good on my laptop, i sold the laptop as i needed some cash and i went back to use my mom old HP PC it's a P4 pc with 256 SDRAM and 1.80 GHZ speed and windows xp sp2, anyways as soon as i connected the device and installed the latest drivers from the m-audio site everything worked just fine...

NOW the problem is when i connect the mic and switch the phantom power on, i hear this NASTTTTYYY noise from the speakers and all the lights on the front panel get turned on and stay turned on and the only way to stop this mess is to switch the PH power off!..

i read the manual i went to their website, i googled it, and there is nothing! i turned off the speakers and waited for the lights to turn off for a minute and they didn't so i turned off the switch because i feared this might burn something inside the fasttrack board!.

please tell me guys what is the problem? what are your guesses? i am truely thankful for anyone who steps by and post a reply, thank you guys.

best regards.