MOTU announces that the Microbook IIc is USB audio class compliant.
MOTU is now shipping the MicroBook IIc, an updated version of its personal studio interface for Mac and Windows. As the "c" appended to its name implies, the MicroBook IIc is now USB audio class compliant, which means that users can connect it to an Apple iPad with a standard Apple camera adapter cable, giving them studio-grade audio I/O for their iPad music and audio apps.
When connected to an iPad, the MicroBook IIc is powered by a standard Micro-B-to-Type-A USB cable with attached AC power adapter (both included). This helps preserve maximum battery life for the iPad. When connected to a Mac or PC, the MicroBook IIc is bus-powered by the USB connection to the computer. No separate power connection is necessary.
The MicroBook IIc inherits all of the advanced features of the MicroBook II, including:For more information, see http://www.motu.com/products/motuaudio/microbook
- 8-bus digital mixer to route and mix live inputs with audio software tracks.
- Mic input with Precision Digital Trim, 48V phantom power, and 20 dB pad.
- Guitar input with Precision Digital Trim.
- Stereo line input (1/4-inch or stereo mini).
- Stereo 1/4-inch balanced main outs, plus 1/8-inch mini line-level out.
- S/PDIF digital out at rates up to 96 kHz.
- Multi-band EQ, compressor, and test tone/noise generator.
- Instrument tuner and analysis tools, including FFT display and oscilloscope.
AudioDesk 4 DAW software for Mac and Windows.
The MicroBook IIc is now shipping. Price is $249 USD.