or
Create an account

or

Thread Comments about the review: A Versatile Audio Interface for iOS and Mac/PC

• 6 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 6 followers
1 Comments about the review: A Versatile Audio Interface for iOS and Mac/PC
A Versatile Audio Interface for iOS and Mac/PC
More and more audio interfaces are hitting the market that are capable of connecting directly to an iOS device or a computer. PreSonus recently released two such units, the AudioBox iTwo and AudioBox iOne. We’ll focus here on the iTwo, a 2x2 interface that gives you two mic preamps instead of one on the iOne, and some additional features.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
Quote:
The one feature that might be confusing to some is the Mix control. Turn it fully left and you hear only the audio coming through the input. Turn it completely to the right and you hear only the output coming from your computer or iOS device. Settings less extreme get a combination of the two, with their signal levels in proportion to where the knob is positioned. The idea is to be able to hear your direct signal while recording, to avoid latency.

I've had my share of low budget interfaces, namely lower end M-Audio Fast Tracks, and was always under the impression that the mix control was a pretty common control among these interfaces, but maybe I'm wrong?

Also, thanks for the comparison audio clips! It's definitely what I enjoy most about your reviews, but would it be possible to have the exact same comparison track for future reviews, as for me (and perhaps for other readers) it's hard to tell the difference between the gear if there's also differences in the audio, itself? Either way, lovely review :)
Love presonus and I especially love Studio One, keep it up guys
You can see some video quick start guides of the iOne and iTwo here:

[ Post last edited on 09/11/2014 at 08:47:09 ]

Quote:
I've had my share of low budget interfaces, namely lower end M-Audio Fast Tracks, and was always under the impression that the mix control was a pretty common control among these interfaces, but maybe I'm wrong?

Trickymix, you're correct about that. What I was trying to say (and clearly didn't do so very artfully) was that if you're not used to that type of feature, it might be confusing.
Ryan, thanks for posting the video link.
Hey Mike, how would you compare this to a 2i2? Pros and cons? Actually, for all interfaces less than 250 bucks, which would you recommend?
From a feature standpoint, the Audiobox iTwo has a couple of advantages: MIDI in and out ports, and direct iOS compatibility. For an inexpensive interface, I was impressed with its preamps. However, because I haven't had a chance to use the 2i2 and to hear what it sounds like, it's a little tough for me to recommend one over the other. All I can say, is, for the money, the PreSonus is a very good deal.