Create an account

or

Thread [Getting started] The Top MIDI Grooves

• 3 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 3 followers
1 [Getting started] The Top MIDI Grooves
The Top MIDI Grooves
So, you bought some virtual drums but none of the grooves really fit in your new song? Here you have a list of the best MIDI publishers.

Read the article

This thread was created automatically after the publishing of an article. Feel free to post your comments here!
I've purchased grooves from most of the sources listed here and I have a clear favourite - OddGrooves. The Magnus Pack and West Coast drumming are really worth having in any collection. OddGrooves guys will also create custom midi drum tracks for you - for your own compositions or a transcription of an artist's track. Having used this service, I can highly recommend them.
Hi Sean and thanks for the vote of confidence in OddGrooves- I am sure they will like that! :-D
First off, I am a Drummer in Real Life, and a Session Drummer 2-3 user that sticks with GM files. After years of using all the big & small drum sampler programs that are out there, this just fits my work flow better.

I always recommend the Smart Loops Vol.1 Midi pack to folks mainly because they are great feeling meat & potatoes 4/4 tracks that just work. I also own all of their Midi collections & Sample Sets for SD2-3 and recommend them to everyone looking for solid, drop-in-a-mix sounds.

I have all the Groove Monkey stuff, but have to say some of it is a little flaky at times, with dropped HH & Kick notes. Since it is Midi, and I always go thru and tweak when mixing, it is not a real problem.

Odd Grooves hands down for more "prog-intricate" stuff. I also dig the West Coast feels.

And tho OG has some jazz Midi files, NONE come close to a Real Jazz feel as the Platinum Samples Real Jazz Midi Groove Pack. The demos & files I heard at a friends have me saving up for that collection. It & the Real Latin collection should round out my setup very well....

(I also own all 6 of their kits for SD3, and they are outstanding!):bravo:

Keyfax was so-so when I tried them out years ago....I need to see if they have anything new...

Never hear the Slam Tracks, Gen16 Grooves, The Loop Loft stuff, but will give them a listen-to in the future.

Thanks for the heads up! :8)
It has occurred to me that there are fewer years ahead than there are behind....