Cakewalk is at Musikmesse to introduce the Pro version of its Rapture virtual synthesizer for Mac OS X and Windows.
Rapture Pro is a virtual synth that uses a hybrid algorithmic and sample-playback architecture. According to Cakewalk, this new version sports the best of the first Rapture and Dimension Pro, with more than 1,000 new sounds that cover all styles. Other new major feature, the plug-in now benefits from the VST 3 format on Mac OS X and Windows.
What’s new in Rapture Pro:
- Ability to combine synth sounds to real instruments
- Updated and reorganized GUI
- Improved mixer page
- Dedicated Browser page for the sound library
- New Instrument page
- Assign up to 8 macro knobs and two X/Y pads to any synth parameter
- Vector Mixer for real time mixing
- 2-click MIDI controller map
- New EQ version
- VST 3
- Approximately 10 GB of sounds from professional sound designers
- Ability to load legacy and new expansion packs
Rapture Pro is available in VST2/3 and AU formats on Mac OS X and Windows. It is available for the introductory price of $149 but upgrades are available if you own Rapture v1, Dimension Pro, Z3TA+ 2 or Sonar ($99 instead of $119) or Sonar Platinum ($79 instead of $99). More info at www.cakewalk.com.