Waves introduces the eMotion LV1, a digital mixing console for front-of-house, monitor and broadcast engineers based on Waves SoundGrid technology.
Waves' eMotion LV1 is a digital mixing console for front-of-house, monitor and broadcast engineers. Based on Waves SoundGrid technology, this software mixer delivers the superior sound quality for which Waves is renowned, as well as the quick and convenient workflow needed in demanding live environments.
eMotion LV1 claims to give its users unprecedented control over every aspect of their live sound, with each of the mixer’s channels having its own plugin rack capable of running up to eight Waves and third-party plugins. All plugin presets and chains saved in eMotion LV1 can be shared with the Waves MultiRack and StudioRack plugin hosts, enabling to move seamlessly between live and studio environments.
The mixer’s channel strip is provided by Waves eMo plugins: eMo D5 Dynamics, eMo F2 Filter and eMo Q4 Equalizer. All three are announced as designed for maximum clarity and efficiency in a live environment, and are included with the eMotion LV1 mixer. A user-friendly noise generator (the aptly-names eMo Generator) for live sound system tuning and measurement is also included.
The eMotion LV1 can be controlled using industry-standard hardware controllers, multi-touch screens and diverse portable devices, ranging from four touchscreens to a single laptop or tablet.
eMotion LV1 uses the SoundGrid infrastructure for audio networking. It can be configured as a portable or stationary setup, and can connect to any SoundGrid-compatible I/O or server, which implies users can easily carry their mixer with and run it anytime, anywhere - at home, on the road, or directly at the live venue.
- 64 stereo/mono input channels, 36 buss/return channels
- Run 8 SoundGrid-compatible plugins directly on each channel
- Standard channel processing provided by Waves eMo plugins
- 16 auxes, 8 audio groups (stereo/mono), L/R/C/Mono, 8 matrixes
- 16 DCA faders, 8 mute groups, 8 user-assignable shortcut keys
- 32-bit floating point mix engine; up to 96 kHz sample rate
- Compatible with industry-standard control surfaces
- Connect to diverse SoundGrid I/Os & drivers and to multiple DAWs
- Windows/Mac 64 bit-compatible
- For online operation, the eMotion LV1 must be connected to a SoundGrid interface and a SoundGrid server.
The eMotion LV1 mixer is available in three configurations: 64, 32 or 16 stereo channels, each including all four aforementioned Waves eMo plugins.
Prices are as follows: $749 for the 16 stereo channel version, $949 for its 32 stereo channel variation and $1,149 for the 64 stereo channel one.
More details are available at Waves' website.