Reviews
Price engine
Classified Ads

Thread K2600 aes?

• 8 replies
  • 5 participants
  • 6 followers
1 K2600 aes?
There's only a AES version of the K2500, no K2600 version. The name of the Audio Elite System is:
K2500X AES
Hello!

Thanks for your information. So you mean that we should delete the K2600 AES product from our database?
Hello,

You could replace it with the K2500X AES. This model was manufactured between 1999 and 2000. It is the full option model of the K2500 (128 MB sampling, piano and contemporary ROM). Also included were the Kurzweil DMTi digital interface and an extensive sampling CD library. And not to forget, the beautiful champagne metallic finish :-)

Best regards,

Rutger
I know I'm suuuuper late to this party, but there IS in fact a K2600AES. I own serial #4, and have played serial #5 (which resides within half an hour from me). From what I understood when I worked for Kurzweil, only 7 K2600AES units were ever produced.

C.J.
Hi CJ,
Thanks very much for that information, we appreciate it! Do you know why so few were produced?
Mike, I'm terrible at this reply thing

I can't say I know why so few were produced, other than demand. Having an original $21,000 retail price tag, I suspect Kurzweil didn't get a flood of orders.

Feel free to email me at ivorycj '@' iCloud if you'd like more info / pictures.
Mike, I'm terrible at this reply thing

I can't say I know why so few were produced, other than demand. Having an original $21,000 retail price tag, I suspect Kurzweil didn't get a flood of orders.

Feel free to email me at ivorycj '@' iCloud if you'd like more info / pictures.
Hey folks, at some point in the near future, I'm going to take my K2600X AES out of its case and take some really good pictures of it and post them here. All of the pics currently on the internet are small and low res.