Images
1/27
Reason Studios Reason 2.5

Thread anyone use reason 2.5?

• 8 replies
  • 6 participants
  • 0 follower
1 anyone use reason 2.5?
i have recently got reason 2.5 ,and i know how to set up the redrum,but need help on how to use the other synths and effects,could anyone leave any hints and tips they have for reason..
My suggestion is to kick off by reading Reason's pdf's. They are preety informative and can get you started (especially if you have no former experience in sound synthesis and sampling).

At your disposal whenever you need anything more specific regarding Reason.
Oh, and this is not a DJ program. :rolleyes:
hehehe......well i guess its an EVERYTHING program :)

i need 2.5, just to see what the hype is about
:D
8) I've been using reasons 2.5 now for 2 months and somewhat got it all figured out except how to put the syth,on the midi part.tje loop samplers put it strait on the track but what about the others machines?[/b]
Well, what happens is that REX loops are just that: ready made loops. For the other synths you are going to have to "write" the notes for them to play. That is done either by recording while playing them on an external keyboard or by "drawing" them in Reason's Sequencer (Edit Mode). Simple :)
How do you sample the settings of the synths if you don't have a midi controller or keyboard? Is there an easier way than just penciling in the notes?
if you're writing repeditive type stuff you can sequence loops with a Matrix Pattern Sequencer, and then lay them down to track from there. This is good becuase you can listen as your editing it.