or
Create an account

or

Thread Mixing Desk Failure

• 4 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Mixing Desk Failure
i have a SoundCraft Spirit Folio Lite mixing desk.

i accidentally left it plugged in for a few days, there is no on/off switch on the infernal thing.

now i get no power at all from the desk. when i bash the mains adaptor i get a split-second flicker of light on my desk and it goes off again.

could the problem be a blown mains adaptor, or could the desk itself be damaged in anyway by leaving it plugged in for so long?

i think i have found somewhere online to find a new adaptor but i thought i'd better ask here first.

help is appreciated :(

thanks
looks like the heat made some connections in your PSU fail.
nothing a soldering gun can't fix. :)
Read the output of the adaptor with a multimeter before you do anything. That'll tell you if it's the adaptor or the mixer. My bet is that it's the adaptor.

And stop beating on the poor thing....... :)
The Axeman (##(===> Cuts From My New Blues CD

%1$s a écrit And stop beating on the poor thing....... :)

thanks for that guys, you're right i may cause it more damage lol.

i took it in my local music shop today and had a volt-meter test on it. it seems you're right as there is no reading on it, well there was for a split second and immediately went off again and didn't come back. he doesn't fix them but there is another music shop down the road that maybe able to help me out there.

i only had it a few months, the guy i bought it off had it a fair while, and as soon as i lay my hands on it? kaBOOM! :rolleyes:
just to say thanks for the spot-on advice, it's now all fixed. the heat did just dry out some solder connections in the PSU :)