Modal Electronics introduces three new hardware synths at Musikmesse today, including the 008 polyphonic analog model.
Let’s start with the 008 then, an 8-voices hardware synthesizer equipped with digitally-controlled but fully analog oscillators.
- 8 voices of polyphony with an analog architecture
- 2 analog VCOs per voice and two sub-oscillators, with sawtooth, triangle, square with PWM and noise wave forms ; ability to blend the waveforms to create complex shapes
- Multimode filter with 16 types, including low-pass, band-pass and high-pass as well as notch, phase and combinations
- Filter overdrive
- Oscillator and filter frequency modulation
- 2 LFOs with multiple waveforms and MIDI sync
- 11 modulation sources and unlimited destinations
- 2-track, 12 row and 32 step-sequencer with 16 step time edit buttons, dynamic transpose and MIDI sync
- Arpeggiator with multiple modes (including Hold) that allows for creating arpeggiated sequences
- Modal Electronics Animator to sequence any control parameter on the 008 to create, for instance, complex filter transitions, waveform shape and modulation matrix changes
- Ethernet port for firmware updates and access to Modul Cloud features
- Keyboard Split and Layer thanks to bi-timbrality
- 4.3” display with instantaneous display of the control values touched by the user
- Ultra fast (1ms) VCF and VCA envelope generators
- Polyphony, monophony, unison and Stack modes
- 5-octave semi-weighted FATAR keyboard with aftertouch
- XLR/TRS combos and D-Sub outputs
- 2 audio inputs
- XY Joystick
- Expression and sustain pedal inputs
- Optional Digital output card to USB with effects (expected Q2, 2015)
The Modal 008 should be available this Summer. More info at www.modalelectronics.com.