Universal Audio's UAD Software v8.6, introduces the new Fender ’55 Tweed Deluxe, Chandler Limited Curve Bender and Sonnox Oxford Limiter v2 plugins.
Version 8.6 of the UAD Software introduces three new plug-ins.
The Fender® ’55 Tweed Deluxe plugin is the first 100% UA-developed guitar amplifier plug-in, exclusively for Apollo interfaces and UAD-2 hardware.
It aims at recreating Fender's historic wide-panel 5E3 Deluxe of 1955, an amplifier with a dynamic range going from clean and sweet, to overdriven raunch that’s made it a go-to recording amp for the likes of Larry Carlton, Neil Young, Mike Campbell, Daniel Lanois, and Billy Gibbons.
Featuring an assortment of meticulously-placed microphone combinations, as well as three different classic speaker types, the Fender ’55 Tweed Deluxe plug-in includes Universal Audio’s Unison™ technology which allows Apollo users’ guitar pickups to see the exact impedance load as if plugging into a vintage 1955 Fender Deluxe — a feature found only on Apollo audio interfaces.
The Fender ’55 Tweed Deluxe Plug-In features:
- An authentic end-to- end circuit emulation of an original 1955 Fender “5E3” Tweed Deluxe amplifier, exclusively for UAD-2 and Apollo interfaces
- Choose from three different speaker types: stock 1955 Jensen P12R, Celestion 25-watt Greenback, and JBL D120F*
- Choose different microphone combinations and placements — without phase issues
- Unison technology for Apollo interfaces offers authentic tone, touch, and feel of original 1955 Fender Tweed Deluxe amplifier thanks to impedance matching
- MSRP: $199
The UAD version of the Chandler Limited Curve Bender mastering EQ was developed by Softube. It is announced as an "exacting emulation" of this boutique, inductor-based EQ itself based on the vintage EMI TG12345 desk from Abbey Road Studios, the same one used to record Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and The Beatles' Abbey Road.
Endorsed by Chandler Limited founder Wade Goeke, Softube emulated the Chandler Limited’s Curve Bender circuits end-to- end, including its filter inductors, germanium transistors, transformers, and circuit nonlinearities. This reportedly allows the Curve Bender plug-in to retain the hardware’s rich harmonics and vintage tone. Its key features include:
- Exacting emulation of a modern classic EQ for mixing and mastering, fully authenticated
- Based on the vintage EMI TG12345 desk used to record The Beatles and Pink Floyd
- Models entire Chandler Limited Curve Bender electronic path including transformers and circuit nonlinearities
- Plug-in only features include Mid/Side functionality and channel linking
- MSRP: $299
Finally, the Sonnox Oxford Limiter v2 plug-in transparently increases the volume, density, and presence of your tracks without losing transients or dynamics. Featuring the latest generation of Oxford Limiter's inter-sample peak (ISP) detection, this plug-in claims to provide an uncolored, accurate limiter as a “final stage” for mastering. Key features include:
- Professional mastering-grade peak limiting with attack, release and variable soft-knee
- Enhance section to increase perceived loudness without gain pumping effects
- Auto Comp to fix reconstruction errors without losing overall loudness, while conforming to the industry's true peak measurement standard (ITU-R BS. 1770-4)
- Comprehensive dither and noise shaping options
- MSRP: $249
More details at www.uaudio.com.