Little by little, Apogee adds the Thunderbolt technology to its entire range of products, and introduces now the new Ensemble audio interface.
Thanks to its analog and digital connections, the new Apogee Ensemble with Thunderbolt 2 offers up to 30 inputs and 34 outputs to Mac users with OS X Mavericks and above.
Specifications of the new Apogee Ensemble:
- 8 mic preamps with up to 75dB of gain, Advanced Stepped Gain circuit, 48V phantom power, high-pass filter, Soft Limit and polarity switch
- 2 front 1/4” guitar inputs and outputs with Class A JFET inputs
- Built-in condenser mic for the talkback function with control button
- 2 front PurePower headphone outputs with dedicated level knobs
- 8 mic/line/instrument analog inputs
- 10 analog outputs: 2 x 1/4” jack and 8 on D-SUB25
- 2 analog inserts
- Up to 18 digital I/O: 16 ADAT at 44.1 / 48kHz on 2 Toslink connectors, 8 SMUX at 88.2/96kHz on 2 Toslink connectors, 4 S/PDIF up to 96kHz on 2 Toslink connectors and RCA coaxial I/O for 2 channels of S/PDIF 192kHz
- Word Clock I/O
- 2 Thunderbolt ports
- Front input and output level knobs
- 2 OLED displays with VU-meters
- 4 assignable buttons to control the talkback mic and output settings (speaker set select, mute, dim, sum to mono)
- 1.1ms latency (at 96kHz / 32-bit buffer)
- I/O complete control via the Apogee Maestro software
The new Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt 2 audio interface is expected in the coming weeks at authorized dealers for 2495€/$. Full details are online at http://www.apogeedigital.com/products/ensemble.