1/344
M-Audio Axiom 25

25-Key MIDI Keyboard from M-Audio belonging to the Axiom series

Thread Axiom 25

• 36 replies
  • 4 participants
  • 5 followers
1 Axiom 25
I just bought a used like new axium 25. I have no idea what to do with it. I am totally ignorant in this feild. I'm also trying to learn Propeller Head Reason 3 and Cubase se 3 but I've been able to find in depth manuals, books, dvd's, and tutorials for these programs. I found a book " The Idiots Guide To Cubase". I have downloaded the manual for the axium but it really isn't written to a beginner like me. It's completely over my head. I can turn on the axium and stare at it not having a clue what the words written on it mean. I have to start somewhere sometime but need more training resources to get started. Are there any tutorials, books (I looked but couldn't find any), dvd's. etc. out there?
xaatr :??:
Xaatr
Show first post
OK. That was too easy. I should have thought of that. Can we move on then to section 2.1.3 Transpose. Pushing the octive buttons changes octaves up or down. This is simple. The other night I was playing around with a song and I ran out of keys. All I needed was one more key at the right end of the keyboard (high notes) to complete the chord. Will it only shift by whole octaves or could I have shifted up one key or more at a time, just enough to cover the chord. Shifting up notes rather than whole octaves? If so how do I do it? The manual says the maximum value I can transpose is 12 semitones at a time up or down. Is there a minimum? After I get this section down I'd like to go on to section 2.2 MIDI Channel.
Thanks
xaatr
Xaatr
You can transpose in your sequencer by just a couple of half-steps if you need to. this way you'll be able to reach that high note.
I'm assuming you mean my Reason sequencer. That would mean the answer is no I can't push any buttons or turn any knobs on my keyboard to make this happen. If so give me some more information on the steps involved in doing this. Does it involve an editing procedure? I'll try to find some information in a book that I bought recently, "Fast Guide to Propellerhead Reason". There's a big section on the sequencer.It's by Debbie Poyser, Derek Johnson, and Hollin Jones. Let me know.
Thanks
xaatr
Xaatr
You have to change the pitch directly on the (virtual) instument. for example on the redrum there is a "pitch" knob. on the Dr rex there is a "fine" knob.. etc etc
Sorry. You've lost me totally.
xaatr
Xaatr

do you see the "fine" knob here?

and the "pitch" knobs here?
Wow sending the picture was great. I don't know how to do that.I'm familiar with those knobs and have used them. I guess what I'm trying to say is when I'm creating a song and want to play a three note E chord (notes G#, E, B I play the G# and the E and then I come to the end of the keyboard and the B note key is in the next upper octave level on the keyboard.This makes it impossible to play the full chord. Can I play the G# and E and stick the B note in the sequencer later incorporating the pitch bend or by using some kind of editing process? Like going back to the song and when I get to that chord and overdub the note with the sequencer on record?
Thanks
XAATR
Xaatr

Quote: Like going back to the song and when I get to that chord and overdub the note with the sequencer on record?

as far as overdubbing, yeah sure, you can overdub on the same track as many times as you'd like. you can also draw in the note.
My focus has been elsewhere for a while. Recently I replaced my old Sony monitor. It was a real dinosaur and very space consuming. It had gotten so faded that I found myself using a magnifying glass to read small print. I picked up an LG 22" flat screen monitor. What a difference!!
I'd like to learn about zones. What are they? When do I use them? How do I use them? Can you make up a simple tutorial for me to try? Section 3.6 of the manual talks a little about them but it hasn't helped a lot.
Thanks
Xaatr.
Xaatr
Can somebody help me out. I just bought an axiom 25 and have no idea how to got it to play using the Ableton software that came with it.