or
Create an account

or

Thread "Audio interface could not be initialized"

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 "Audio interface could not be initialized"
Hey, I'm using a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface and I used to record in the program Studio One. But now a problem has occurred. When I'm gonna select my audio interface as "audio device" in the program the following message comes up:
"The audio device Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver could not be initialized. Please check your hardware configuration and try again"

First I thought the problem was with Studio One but when a resembling message pops up in Audacity too I got recommended to seek for help at Focusrite forums. I have made sure that my Focusrite is set as default recording device in windows and I have reinstalled and downloaded the latest drivers for my audio interface. I have also tried to connect it into another computer and that gave the same result. Also, I did not do any changes at all on my computer in connection with the occurrence of this problem, it just appeared randomly.

Strangely enough this problem only occurrs ocasionally, sometimes it works fine and half an hour later it's completely stuck again. Very frustrating. I'm sitting on a PC Windows 7 64 bit if that is a relevant fact.

Thanks.
Hello shylock,
I wish Windows would always handle third party drivers just fine, unfortunately, it seems that random driver issues are still here version after version.
I used to have the same problem with every audio interface on Windows 98, XP and Vista using Cubase, until I switched OS.
Keep up the faith, one day they will fix this...
Cheers!
Hi, I have this "The audio device Focusrite USB 2.0 Audio Driver could not be initialized. Please check your hardware configuration and try again" with my studio one.
This happened after I update my windows 10 last week.
I'm using Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. I've tried to re install the driver but did not work. How can I fix this in 2017?

Thanks.