or
Create an account

or

Thread Bad sound issues using scarlett 2i2 3rd generation on laptop.

• 4 replies
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 Bad sound issues using scarlett 2i2 3rd generation on laptop.
Hello. I wish someone can help me here! I bought a completely new Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen last week. I went home and plugged everything, I was happy for having the new interface. But I started playing music and after a while, the sound started cracking and also the overall quality was bad. So I tried almost everything that came up on my mind. Changed cables, reinstalled drivers, tried playing the sound to headphones, not the speakers, I tried recording if the sound is bad even when a record something. Of course, it was, so I started browsing on the internet. I didn't actually find anything that seemed to help me, co I'm writing here. Very interested is, that when I connected the interface to my desktop PC, everything was good. No cracking, brighter sound, everything perfect. So is it possible, that my USB port on the laptop is too weak to charge the interface? I really don't know, hope someone can help me!
I had the exact same problem and was ready to give up and buy a new interface somewhere else. As a last resort, I ran the Focusrite Control app, and in the Input section, I tried to change the sampling rate. The Scarlett shut down for 2 or 3 seconds, the sampling rate went back to the original setting, but when the Scarlett came back on, it was working properly. I don't know if the Scarlett got reset or initialized somehow, or if the process somehow got it working properly with my iMac, but in either case, it's now working the way it's supposed to. For what it's worth, I haven't been able to find any information online about resetting or initializing the Scarlett, but that seems to be what happened. Give it a try and see if it solves your problem.
Ok, thanks, I'll try.
Unfortunately, it didn't work for me.....
And I found out next pretty weird thing... When the laptop is running on battery, everything is alright, beautiful bright sound. When a put the power cable in it, it starts to crack... I find it pretty weird because I thought it was due to a lack of electricity. I really don't know what to do now.. :???: :fache: