close
subdirectory_arrow_left subdirectory_arrow_left General Sequencers
Gear General Sequencers {{currentManName}}swap_horiz Abletonswap_horiz Find a manufacturerkeyboard_arrow_down

[test] Live 8: Long Live Ableton

Ableton's Live has been with us for some time now and since it’s initial release in 2001 it has proudly sported a simple one window interface and transparent ’no frills’ operation. This simplicity initially led some producers and musicians to believe it was perhaps a step down from other more complex DAWs, but seven years down the line Live has more than stood the test of time.http://img.af-v4.com…ang=en&test_id=48
Hi, I am planning on buying Ableton 8 with the APC40 for DJing etc.  Could you advise me a  little more as to whether it is worth spending the extra for the 'suite' version as opposed to 'live'.  I use Logic for composition and everything else at present.  However I may decide to use Ableton for more than DJing assuming I like it (which seems that it should be the case ).  So I suppose what I really want to know is, is it worth spending the extra money on the samples and plugins in your opinion?

(It also seems that the upgrade from live8 to suite8 is considerably more than the difference between the two, so I don't see the upgrade at a later date as very much of an option.)

Thanks very much for your time and article.  Rob.
1/1