or
Create an account

or

Thread I need help with forming synth sounds.

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 4 followers
1 I need help with forming synth sounds.
I have a microkorg but I really dont know how to put everything together,can anyone help me http://img.af-v4.com/images/audiofanzine/interface/smileys/icon_cry.gif(" />(" />
Well, seeing as no one else responds to it, being the first, I don't think I could harm to give it a go then.

Well, first off, I do not own a Microkorg. I tried one once though.

What do you mean with "everything"? If I take a swift look through the manual, it has a chapter entitled "editing" and from there on it goes down to synth programs, vocoder programs, effects, appregiators and there's a saving data chapter.

I don't mean to be harsh (and it's my first post even) but from the look through the manual it's not that hard. Sure, the Microkorg interface might require a bit of time to get a hang of...

If you could be anymore specific on what you're looking for, I, or others might be of more help.
Well i'm sorry to say it's bad news. 2 things.

1. people who have spent years experimenting and practising often spending an hour or more on one sound to get it just right, generally don't want to give that information away. the way they see it is that you should go through the same tedious routine as they did. and believe me it is tedious to begin with. however if you are looking for foundation knowledge, read the manual and keep reading the manaul and fiddling with the controls until you understand them. experimentation does the rest.

2. however if you want you can search online for "synth programming" tutorials or information. the sounds described will be basic sound effects or sweeps but if you understand how to do a noise sweep, running water, gun fire and church bells for example, then it is reasonable to suspect that you can build on what you learn from creating these sounds. the important thing is to remeber that you don't learn overnight. also, from my own experience, don't flick through the manual, read each paragraph, sentence and letter, over and over again until you fully understand. spend time with the envelopes because it is tricky to understand these in the beginning especially the attack and decay parameters on an inverted envelope. and oh yeah, have fun!!!

3. i wasn't going to but i decided to add a number 3. what software do you use and i might send you some parameter settings that you can apply to your synth provided it has all the features?
I'm so thankful for all the help i recieved when i was starting out clueless. And now i want to pass it on. It really is a beautiful online community we producers have.