DigiTech introduces the Whammy Ricochet, a new model aimed at offering a wide range of creative pitch bend effects.
The Whammy Ricochet is said to let you bounce your playing up or down in pitch in controlled or crazy shifts. A momentary switch and customizable independent rise and fall time ballistics, allow you to get the well-known Whammy action without the use of a treadle - just hold your foot on the footswitch and let the Ricochet do the rest. Seven pitch selections (2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, Octave, Double Octave, and Octave+Dry) are available, as well as a toggle to select up or down for the selected pitch. The Whammy Ricochet also has latching footswitch mode, making it possible to rise or fall to pitch and stay there, and an LED ladder that shows your shift trajectory at all times. All these controls combine to create either classic Whammy pitch-shifting or new, original sounds.
- Classic Whammy sound without a bulky treadle
- Possibility to bend notes up or down across 2 octaves
- 7 Selectable Pitch intervals
- Ultimate control of Shift and Return time
- LED Trajectory Ladder provides instant visual feedback
- Classic and Chords mode
- Momentary or Latching footswitch
- True Bypass in latching mode
The Whammy Ricochet is expected to be released in May 2016 with a $187.44 MSRP. More details at digitech.com.