Create an account

or

Thread Recordings out-of-sync in Cubase SX

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 Recordings out-of-sync in Cubase SX
Hi Folks,

I've finally got my home studio up and running, and the recording quality from my instruments sounds great, however I've noticed an annoying problem with Cubase SX. I'll give you the simplest scenario that it appears in:

I've removed the vocals from a track. I then import it into Cubase, create another audio track, and record my own vocals in this track. However, when I play both back together, the recorded track is out of sync with the original by a fraction of a second. (I've found I can normally drag the track back about 0.175 of a second and it's *almost* in sync again)

Anyway, the reason I'm asking is that I went for an audition a while back and the guy mixing my vocals had the same issue, but also had a workaround. As I wasn't using Cubase back then I didn't pay any attention to what he did to fix it, but basically he had to play the audio back once, then did a magical something, then it was in sync the second time round.

So, does anyone know how to get the sound back in sync without the messy job of trying to drag it into precisely the right point?!

Thanks for your help folks!!!

Simon
Do you use an ASIO 2.0 sound cards.

With DirectX sound cards, the latency is around 100 MilliSeconds. So when you have recorded your voice track, the records has a +/- 100 ms delay

With an Asio 2.0 sound cards, the latency is around 2 ms

so the delay can't be heard by the human ear.

Or the last solution, you record your voice on a second track and set up a delay on the first track (for each track, you can set up a delay in the inspector on trhe left of the screen
Maybe you should try to tweak and optimize the buffer size in your audio setup.