Boss introduces the Waza Amp, a 150W solid-state guitar amp head with assorted cabinets aimed at delivering both vintage and modern rock sounds.
The BOSS Waza Amp Head is announced as a rugged 150-watt amp inspired by the innovative spirit used in pursuit of the ideal rock sound from the beginning of the rock era. The Waza Amp Head and companion cabinets are said to be rooted in the long history of rock amp development and aim at offering the original sound of the very first rock stack amp. In addition, the BOSS engineers have developed their own vision of a rock guitar sound that they've called the “Waza Brown Sound”, enlarging the expressiveness range of the amp from vintage to Waza Brown with modern expandability and reliability.
- 150-watt amp head with the ideal rock sound for gigging
- Amplifier selector knob for amp character variation: vintage rock tone in the Internal position, the “Waza Brown Sound” in the Amplifier A position as a pre-installed Tone Capsule, and one more empty socket for the future expansion.
- Four switchable channels (Clean, Crunch, Lead 1, and Lead 2) for each amplifier character
- Composed of a 3U rack-mountable unit and a dedicated wooden head-cabinet
- Reliable, maintenance-free 150-watt solid-state power amp designed with discrete circuitry
- Four-way Power Control (1 W, 50 W, 100 W, Max) allowing for sweet power tube distortion at any volume
- Modern expandability for various situations with EFX loops, line out with Air Feel control function, foot controller, and more
Two matching cabinets have also been announced, a 4x12 model and a more transportable 2x12 version. Both are to be equipped with custom-made 12-inch speakers.