Create an account

or

Thread mic adapter?

• 6 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 0 follower
1 mic adapter?
hello all,

I am just getting started in home recording, not as a buisness(at this point) but for my own stuff. i run my guitar through a podxtlive and use riffworks and cakewalk software for production/recording. my question is this, how can i run a mic through this setup? i know i can lay vocals down on either software but dont know how to connect. any help or suggestions would be great. thanks in advance.
you could plug the pod in the 'tape in' or, better, in the stereo FX return of the mixer to keep the signal 'clean'.
god this is so confusing, i was doin fine with just recording on riff works through the podxt usb connection but really want to expand past that and add vocals and another guitar . thanks to your info, i now know how i must connect all through the mixer (https://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-ALE-MULTIMIX8USB.html#) which i hope to get soon, btw is this a good choice for a beginner? now all i'm worried about is the fact that riffworks needs to confirm that the podxt is indeed connected, and was wondering if it would detect the pod if plugged into a mixer? i guess what im sayin is would i connect via 1/4 into tape in and also connect the usb from pod to pc? i am running the software on a laptop which i use cakewalk sonar6 and riffworks for recording. any info or help is indeed appreciated, i just dont want to spend the cash to find out its not gonna work for me in the end. thanks again
considering the mixer you linked to:

the pod would not be plugged in via usb, but in the tape in of the mixer.
every other instrument/mic would be plugged in the mixer.
the only thing that enters the pc via usb would be the mixer, that streams a mixed stereo signal to your software of choice.
hey thanks for the reply . ok. i will do that. the only worry i have with that is degrading the signal from my podxt throught he mixer. unless they have a mixer with a bypass channel, which i guess they do right?
the ideal setup for you is a small mixer plugged in your soundcard's "line in".

this way you can connect both your pod and a mic.
I would also recommend using a USB hub.