Add this product to
  • My former gear
  • My current gear
  • My wishlist
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 G3
Images
1/222
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 G3

USB audio interface from Focusrite belonging to the Scarlett 3rd Generation series

Write a user review or Ask for a user review

Thread using 2i2 for Facebook live

• 1 comment
  • 2 participants
  • 2 followers
1 using 2i2 for Facebook live
Hi everyone..

Hoping to get some help with this as it's been wrecking my head a bit lol.

I want to be able to stream Facebook Live and also record at a later date into my Android phone.

I just bought a focusrite 212 but haven't received it yet... been watching YouTube videos and getting some info on connecting the focusrite into the phone.

Basically what I need to know is if I connect the focusrite up with a powered USB lead and OTG adapter USB to micro USB.

Will the focusrite run straight without needing driver's etc from the PC..? As long as it has enough power...?

I have a toneport gx line 6..tried this way..the toneport was powered but no audio recorded. I'm thinking because it needs pod farm drivers etc on PC to run the interface.

So will be running a pa with guitar/vocal mic via earphones out into the focusrite inputs and then out to the phone..at this stage via the USB..or can it be done via line outs in the back of box...?

Check out this video...he seems to run this straight to phone via adapter...? Running only on USB via powered adapter...?

Cheers for any tips as not sure what I need to order as regards leads to get this all running.

James

[ Post last edited on 05/11/2020 at 05:43:13 ]

Hi,

i'm wondering if you might be able to give me some advice on the issue I have regarding streaming Live onto facebook.

I'm new to all this tech equipment and just started doing live streams sinning on FB.
i thought I would try and achieve better sound quality therefore I purchased a 2i2 Studio and have it set up so as my USB 3 out on the 2i2 goes into my Laptop.
I have then taken a TRS from my Laptop into my Alesis Mixer.
What I'm trying to do now is somehow get the audio output into my Iphone 6s or Galaxy S8 via the USB ports on either of the phones so as I can do FB Live while still connected to my Laptop.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Geoff B