or
Create an account

or

Thread Focusrite Scarlet 18i8 with MacBook Pro M1 issues

• 2 replies
  • 3 participants
  • 3 followers
1 Focusrite Scarlet 18i8 with MacBook Pro M1 issues
So, I went and purchased the 18i8 since both in advertisements and also in a chat with support they guaranteed that it works. Unfortunately my previous Saffire Pro 26 is not supported. Anyways, I knew that Focusrite control doesn't work. Anyways, to make a long story short, I connected it and first time it showed up under sound setting of the Mac. I played something and sound came out from the monitors but the volume was all the way up despite the knob being at min. I then connected my headset and same thing, no volume control. I decided to reset the computer and the sound card and after the reboot the M1 didn't recognize the 18i8 any more. Just doesn't appear.

I tried my old late 2013 intel MacBook Pro and after connecting it I didn't see the 18i8 in the sound settings either. Only on the intel I could load the Focusrite control app and bam the interface appeared.

So, if I need the Focusrite control app to even make it regonize the interface, why is Focusrite advertising it as if the 18i8 is compatible with the m1 (but the Focusrite control isn't supported yet). It is useless until they make the Focusrite control compatible.

SOoooooo frustrating.

Would love to hear if anyone else experienced this and if you guys found a solution.

Frustrated Focusrite client.
Same here! I contacted Focusrite about the following issue:

I had a Saffire Pro 40, but had to move to a Scarlett 18i20 (3rd Gen) due to incompatibility with my new M1 Macbook Pro. Absolutely no issues in the first 2 weeks, however, this morning, I wake up and there are no inputs/outputs available other than the main mic and speakers. I see under “System Report” that the system recognizes the connection under “USB” and Imve gone as far as deleting and reseting the OS Core Audio, but to no avail, no difference. My other option was to just factory reset the interface, since it worked in the beginning, but that can only be done in the software, which is not compatible with the new Macs yet. Such a shame if there is no solution but to wait till the Focusrite team can finally fix this issue. I’ll keep this posted if I hear a response, good luck to any others and help if you have a solution eek !
Bonjour, merci pour vos retours. J'envisageais de prendre la "Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 G3" pour mon MacBook Pro 16 Gb M1 mais les problèmes de de Benjamin Coto tempèrent ma volonté de prendre cette carte son. Je comptais utiliser ma Motu 1248 thunderbolt/Usb mais je me heurte avec Ableton Live Suite 11 à des décrochages audio récurrents : je lis une séquence de fichiers audio (synthés hardware) ou j'enregistre et au bout de quelques minutes la sortie LR Main Out se déconnecte. Même chose dès que je procède à une opération sur Live comme l'insertion d'effets ou de nouvelles pistes (idem avec Logic Pro). Et c'est bien la carte qui me pose problème car Ableton Live fonctionne sans décrochage de son quand la carte n'est pas branchée.
En même temps, une chose que je ne comprends pas, c'est qu'avec la Motu 1248 je peux faire du montage vidéo et son sans décrochage avec Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 et Rush.
Bref, si Focusrite résoud le problème de la Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 G3, je suis preneur pour l'info d'autant qu'elle propose une connexion avec l'Usb-C. D'ici là, je vais tester avec ma RME Fireface 800 avec les adaptateurs mais je ne suis pas trop confiant en raison de ces derniers.