IK Multimedia has just released the fourth version of its guitar and bass amp simulator series: Amplitube.
AmpliTube 4 is a guitar and bass tone studio for Mac/PC that works as a standalone application and as a plug-in for your favorite DAW. It recreates the entire guitar/bass signal chain from instrument to recording device, and does so in a rather realistic and intuitive way.
New features include:
- New, more realistic cab room with dual 3D mic placement and more in-depth cab features.
- New British-style amps, based on Marshall's Major, Jubilee, JCM800 and JCM900 amp heads and JMP-1 preamp.
- Acoustic simulator to make your electric axe sound like an acoustic - typically a feature that DOES take hearing before believing.
- New (and dare we say loooong-awaited) effect loop to insert effects in-between the preamp and poweramp sections.
- Included 8-track recorder.
This new version will be 64 bit-only in standalone and Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3 and AAX formats for Windows (7 or 8) and Mac OS X (10.7 or later). Previous extensions/expansions already owned will of course remain compatible with the new version.
Until October 31st, Amplitube 4 is available at a special introductory price of €99.99 (plus taxes if applicable), after which the price will rise to €149.99. At least, that gives the most skeptical ones a (very) little time for thorough testing before deciding to buy or not - an opportunity particularly welcome as unfortunately there happens to be no upgrade path for owners of previous versions.
More details and demo version available at www.ikmultimedia.com.