Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12
- Manufacturer: Dave Smith Instruments
- Model: Prophet 12
- Category: Hybrid synthesizer
- Entry created on: 01/24/2013
- Five DSP-based oscillators per voice (including one sine wave sub oscillator)
- Four classic wave shapes (saw, square, triangle, sine) per oscillator
- Twelve selectable complex shapes per oscillator
- Three noise types per oscillator: white, pink, violet
- Analog VCAs
- Shape modulation
- Oscillator cross modulation: frequency modulation (FM) and amplitude modulation (AM)
- Hard sync on each of the four oscillators
- Five high-quality digital effects. Thicken the signal and add harmonics or completely destroy the signal pre-filter.
- Girth and Air are high and low shelf equalizers with harmonic excitement. Useful for thickening and/or adding air to the signal.
- Hack and Decimate are sample and bit rate reduction algorithms which can add subtle grit or completely destroy the signal. It's harsh yet musical!
- Drive is a soft saturator for adding soft distortion and harmonic content to the signal
- Famed Curtis 2- or 4-pole resonant analog low-pass filter (self oscillates in 4-pole mode) per voice
- 2-pole resonant analog high-pass filter per voice
Feedback and Delay
- Tuned feedback
- Four-tap syncable multi delay with feedback and amount per delay per voice
- Four Delay + ADSR envelopes (LPF, VCA , and two Auxiliary envelopes)
- Auxiliary envelopes 3 and 4 freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations
- All envelopes can repeat/loop
- Four syncable LFO's with phase offset and slew per LFO
- 16 x 2 modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 mod destinations
- Modulation assignment buttons enable quick and easy modulation routing
- Sophisticated programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Re-latching arpeggiator
- Independent programmable stereo analog distortion per layer.
- More than 50 knobs and 50 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- Backlit pitch and mod wheels are easily visible in low light situations and have a smooth yet precise feel and response.
- Independently adjustable upper and lower pitch wheel range.
- Two assignable position- and pressure-sensitive latchable touch sliders for enhanced interactivity and control.
- Full-sized, 5-Octave, semi-weighted keyboard with velocity and channel aftertouch
- 396 user and 396 factory programs
- Direct program access using numeric keypad and dedicated User, Factory, and Bank buttons
- Playlist mode for generating easily accessible setlists of your favorite programs. Create four play lists with up to forty programs each!
- 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI out, and 1 MIDI Thru port
- USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
- 1 Sustain/footswitch input
- 2 expression pedal inputs
- Main stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Layer B stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 1/4" phone jack)
- 1 universal IEC AC power inlet for internal power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100-240v, 50-60Hz, 30 watts maximum power consumption
- Oiled bubinga wood end panels and trim
- 38.4" L x 12.8" W x 4.15" H (97.5 cm x 32.5 cm x 10.5 cm)
- 26 lbs. (11.8 kg)
GEOSynths - Synth Show Reviews - Sequential Prophet 12
ImagesView all images on Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12
Prophet 12 1audio ZFormant
Manuals and other filesView all files on Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12
“Beautiful, educational and fun”12/31
“a new sonic stew ...”09/23
“I modulate, then I am”09/21
Prophet 12 gets linear FM synthesis, and more12/29Dave Smith Instruments has released a new operating system for the Prophet 12 hybrid digital/analog poly synth, adding several requested features.
Forums on Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12
Buy new Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12
Competing Hybrid synthesizers
Other Dave Smith Instruments Hybrid synthesizers
Other names: prophet12