Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro
Images DT 990 Pro
Videos Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro
Audiofanzine FR's review
I'm very satisfied.
Consistent and well balanced response. It's not linear, the low and high-end are a bit emphasized. But the sound is very natural and consistent without any cut or boost. Once you know how it sounds, you'll have no problems. It's very important.
Good stereo imaging with a lot of "air".
The dynamic response is faithful.
What about transient response? These headphones showed me what transients are. It's very impressive and it enhance the stereo imaging. When punch is needed, you get punch.
The first time I used it, I wanted to send it back because I found the sound awful... After one day of use, the sound became amazing... It had to be run in...
My mixes became much better... I hardly use my HS80 anymore...
The headphones are very comfortable.
Sound description after listening to some CDs:
Very good reproduction of acoustic and electric basses: smooth, precise, controlled. Kick drum and bass are clearly separated. (with good recordings)
Electric guitars get good transients. (vintage guitars sound amazing with a lot of warmth). The headphones reproduce the warmth of the recordings.
The low-end of a church organ seems to be a bit too emphasized.
Very good for classical music. The noise of older recordings is not disturbing at all and it's no hinder to extract details (which are very well reproduced). Very good dynamic response and sound precision.
"Real" stereo recordings are very well reproduced.
Electronic music gets very tight lows.
For the first time ever, I could hear the difference between a 320kb/s MP3 and the original file in CD format. I made the experience as a blind test! I recognized the MP3 file through its transient response...
So, yes, I would buy it again... Maybe I would buy closed headphones as a complement...
Originally written by lulumusique on Audiofanzine FR.
They translate well, are constructed better and more comfortable than the 7506s. They are in my opinion, the best bang for the buck right now. Comfortable, rugged and most importantly, represent the mix closest to what my monitors are telling me with added detail. Prior to using the ATH-M50s the low end on my mixes was always somewhat off. In the last year that I have used these phones, my mixes have improved dramatically, specifically in the low end where the issues were. Yes, they are a $50 more but well worth it.
- Robustness: when beyerdynamic is in our hands, and following a inspection, it says it can not hurt headset before storing DTRE KO
- Qualities of finishing: what about has it's assembled nikel and there is no false note.
- Weight: 5 hours of work with non-stop, and my head does not suffer. It leaves almost forget this. (FYI, I have short hair)
The ears do not suffer, and that's very good. (A note of all the same beyer is open and the sony is closed the comfort point of view, is not the same).
- I do not nattribue note of ten, because the velvet beyer around the ears is "hot" and make my ears sweat.
Turning now to the sound: all just very high (145 euro entry range).
- The treble and bass are very well restitus. the sound is clear and limpid for acute, severe down the very bottom frquence.
- The spatialization of this headset is impressive, better than the sony.
- THE BIG STRONG POINT: are you listening with beyer, will be the same on your speakers ... The neutrality of this headset is excellent and sounds "real". No need to change the headphone rglages was pregnant. Rsultat: Time to win and above all listening right.
- The sound is clear: reverbs are experienced and above all it costs them lengths, delay too. EQ, compression, spatial ... for me, it's a real monitoring headphones.
Possder this headphone is to keep it. For this price, the qualities and sound hats. I think the 7506 is good too, but tired ears long (you'll say normal headphones close), but above all, does not return the "real" sound. So I am convinced by what has beyer for these velvet atrium (which must be pleasant in winter certainly ...)
PS: if you opt for the version 250 ohms, I would RECOMMENDED a small amplifier.
Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro tech. sheet
- Model:DT 990 Pro
- Series:DT 990
- Category:Studio headphones
- Added in our database on: 10/06/2002
We have no technical specifications for this product
but your help will be much welcomed
Buy new Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro
Competing Studio headphones
Other Beyerdynamic studio headphones
Other categories in Headphones
Other names: dt 990 pro, dt990pro, dt990 pro, dt 990pro, dt990pro32ohms, dt 990 pro 32 ohms, dt990 pro32 ohms, dt990 pro32ohms, dt 990pro 32ohms, dt 990 pro 32ohms